Classroom

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Repeating Figures

Ugh...  Forgive me, there was a blog where I got this idea from.... but I cannot recall where.  I love the way this turned out.  Nice way to introduce rhythm, movement and figures.
I had students that finished their project early to look through some of the many magazines I have in my room of full body figures.  When I introduced the project they had an idea of what I had in mind.  The students went through the pile of "figures" from magazines.  When they found one they liked, the student cut away all the background from the figure.  EMPHASIS:  Careful when cutting.  The success of your project depends on how careful and neat you cut.  Trace figure onto 3 sheets of paper, cut.  Glue to black construction paper and add different shapes and designs to the background.
Nice, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment