Classroom

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Repousse

Students have a choice of using recycled cd's or aluminum (heavy gauge- that you can buy through your art supply catalog).  I wanted them to use a variety of art elements:  line, shape, color, patterns, textures, repetition, unity or movement...  Anyhoo- this assignment seems to encompass a lot of ideas just by default.  I have the students sketch out their idea onto paper, and once the plan is pleasing to them, they can use that same idea onto their cd or their aluminum using permanent markers (I wish I posted an aluminum project...  yet to come....).  Then for the matt of their aluminum or cd students use oil pastels to continue the ideas from the center towards the outside.  I just love it.  This is and will continue to be one of my most favorite projects.  Love It!!

No comments:

Post a Comment